Smart Towers

Precision lifting from VMB

VMB’s Smart Tower has been to designed to deliver 3 features that a conventional tower has never been able to:

Precise levelling
Precise load calculation
Precise height calculation

The Smart tower incorporates a high sensitivity, calibrated load cell with an inclinometer in to the towerlift profile. It comes with two replaceable AA batteries (1.5V). It is activated simply by pressing a button located on the cell and switches itself off after 5 minutes so as not to waste the battery. The cell also lets you know once the battery is low.

Precise levelling

The load cell has a level in the form of LED lights which indicate where the lift is leaning to. Depending on where the red LEDs are the user needs to adjust the stabilisers until the green LED blinks, indicating that the lift is centred and stabilized. This needs to be done before adding the load. The traditional plastic spirit levels have never been able to offer a perfect levelling. However, the Smart tower’s load cell is calibrated thus offering a precise reading.

Precise load calculation

Before elevating the lift, load it up with the material you will be elevating. Switch the load cell on and it will tell you how much is loaded in measurements of 25% of the total load: 25% - 50% - 75% - 100%. If you have placed more than the SWL on the lift then a LED will indicate Overload. With the Smart Tower you are able to see how much you are loading without having to weigh every individual piece of equipment you want to lift. The Smart Tower saves you time, gives you accurate weight information and provides yet another safety feature from VMB.

Precise height calculation

The Smart Tower comes with a measure strip incorporated in to the profiles of the lift. This strip enables you to see exactly how high you are lifting and at what height the load is during elevation. This is very useful if you are lifting two lifts at once and want them to be perfectly balanced. It is also useful if you have height restrictions or have calculated the throw of a Line Array and need the precise height of the system when attached to a line array tower.

Smart-tower

Smart towers 2

200

200